Saturday, November 26, 2011




Live Life to the Fullest and Healthiest!

“Health is wealth,” I do believe in this old saying. It is one of the most precious things we can have in this imperfect world. It is like a treasure that we should always bear in our mind to protect and take good care of. However, it’s quite ironic that some of us don’t really give this adage much weight in our lives. I have a lot of friends who are abusive on their body, practicing a bad habit which affects their health. Some of them drink beer as if it’s water. I even know people who had never broken sweat over exercise for the longest time. And no, I’m not counting myself out, for I’m also guilty of a few unhealthy habits.

For a whole week of training at Manuel J. Santos Hospital, I met a hypertensive patient and have kidney problems. He has a lot of regrets for he practiced unhealthy habits and now he suffered it. If only he cared for his health then he will not be in pain. I referred this experience to myself when I met a friend who died a year ago due to a motorbike accident. He was drunk while he was driving and a very abusive to his body so that is why. He was a good friend and I know how painful it was for his family because of what happened to their son. If only their son cared for his health, responsible enough to drive then maybe he’s still alive now and enjoy life.

Being in the hospital, there are only two destinations: whether you survive or die. In life, it’s always be your choice whether you live your life to what you dreamed of, do the things that you really wanted, or just surrender when everything seems to fall apart. We must always remember that money can’t buy everything, it cannot cure an illness. We should take care of ourselves before it’s too late if we want to live long. We can live life to the fullest if we are healthy. Health is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment